If you’re a Brigitte Bardot fan I highly recommend picking up the latest Cinedelic Book/CD compilation simply called BB Brigitte Bardot. It’s a wonderful collection of beautiful photos of the actress, reproductions of classic movie poster art and music from many of Bardot’s most popular films including En effeuillant la marguerite (aka Plucking the Daisy/Mademoiselle Striptease), Et Dieu… créa la femme (aka …And God Created Woman), Une parisienne (aka La Parisienn), En cas de malheur (aka Love Is My Profession/In Case of Adversity), La Vérité (aka The Truth) and Le Mépris (aka Contempt). The music CD also contains some of the best pop songs that Bardot recorded with French composer Serge Gainsbourg and a complete filmography for the actress who retired in 1973.
“BB is the perfect combination of different notes and chords that all together sound like one perfect melody. Her power of seduction was God’s gift, her posture and famous walk matched her fame, as well as her enigmatic appeal that went far beyond mere beauty: it was more like a sensual instinct able to mesmerize and capture. Brigitte encompassed the meaning of beauty, freedom, transgression and quirkiness, yet the look in her eyes revealed a childlike naiveté of sorts, perfectly embodying the disquieting and mischievous elements of the classic femme fatale. This book is a tribute to Divine BB’s astounding career and includes movie posters, rare on-set pictures, the complete filmography and a CD with original music.” – Cinedelic
Cinedelic has really done a terrific job of gathering together some rare and wonderful material for BB Brigitte Bardot. The 150 page book and accompanying CD is the perfect introduction to the career of this talented actress and songstress, but it will undoubtedly be appreciated by Bardot’s longtime fans too.
I’ve seen numerous track listings for the CD online but none of them appear to be complete. If you’re considering purchasing the set it’s helpful to know exactly what you’re getting so I thought I’d share my own track listing with more detailed information about the composers and film scores featured on Cinedelic’s BB Brigitte Bardot CD. Hopefully others will find it useful.
Track Listing for BB Brigitte Bardot:
1. Poppea – Angelo Francesco Lavagnino from Mio figlio Nerone (Stefano Vanzina; 1956)
2. Strip Tease – Paul Misraki from En effeuillant la marguerite (Marc Allégret; 1956)
3. Scene Sentimentale – Paul Misraki from En effeuillant la marguerite (Marc Allégret; 1956)
4. Et Dieu Crea La Femme – Paul Misraki from Et Dieu… créa la femme (Roger Vadim; 1956)
5. Du Moi Quelques Choses D’Amour – Paul Misraki from Et Dieu… créa la femme (Roger Vadim; 1956)
6. Paris BB – Henri Crolla/André Hodeir/Hubert Rostaing from Une parisienne (Michel Boisrond; 1957)
7. La Parisienne – Henri Crolla/André Hodeir/Hubert Rostaing from Une parisienne (Michel Boisrond; 1957)
8. Theme A – René Cloërec from En cas de malheur (Claude Autant-Lara; 1958)
9. Theme B – René Cloërec from En cas de malheur (Claude Autant-Lara; 1958)
10. Yo Tengo Una Muneca – Xavier-Mitchell Y Su Quinteto from La Vérité (Henri-Georges Clouzot; 1960)
11. Le Mepris/Generique – Georges Delerue from Le Mépris (Jean-Luc Godard; 1963)
12. Camille – Georges Delerue from Le Mépris (Jean-Luc Godard; 1963)
13. Contact – Brigitte Bardot (composed by Serge Gainsbourg in 1967/68)
14. Harley Davidson – Brigitte Bardot (composed by Serge Gainsbourg in 1967/68)
15. Bonnie and Clyde – Brigitte Bardot & Serge Gainsbourg (composed by Serge Gainsbourg in 1967/68)
16. Plaisir D’Amour – Brigitte Bardot (composed by Jean-Paul Martini/Jean-Pierre Claris de Florian/Hector Berlioz; 1780)
17. Sur Le Boulevad Du Rhum – Brigitte Bardot (composed by François de Roubaix/Robert Enrico/Pierre Pelegri for the film Boulevard du rhum dir. Robert Enrico; 1971)
18. Je T’Aime BB – Bebo Best & The Super Lounge Orchestra (tribute song w/Brigitte Bardot vocal samples; 2008)
You can currently purchase the BB Brigitte Bardot Book/CD set at Amazon for $29.98 and used copies can be bought there for about $20.
I like a lot of the songs that Serge Gainsbourg composed for Brigitte Bardot and one of my favorites is the psychedelic space-age pop song Contact, which is available on the new Cinedelic CD. Below is a fabulous music video for Contact with the divine BB that I couldn’t resist sharing. It’s taken from her 1968 French television special Spécial Bardot. In the clip Bardot’s wearing a fantastic dress designed by Paco Rabanne and she looks like she just stepped off the set of Barbarella.
Brigitte Bardot – Contact (1968)